Outdoor living rooms are popular for good reason: a space with the creature comforts of an indoor living room with the views, soft breezes, and natural surroundings of the outdoors? Who wouldn’t want to kick back in a place like that? Ready to make a space on your backyard or patio to put your feet […]
Wondering what’s hot in gardening for the new year? We’ve compiled some of the new year’s trends from top gardening experts for you so that you can start 2018 off right. Happy planting!
Got your holiday list ready? To make your holiday shopping even easier, we’ve compiled some ideas for every type of person on your list. And the best part? You can order it online and avoid the crowds. Consider it our present to you. Happy shopping!
This fall, don’t leave your windows out on the fun of the season! These window box decorating ideas incorporate everything you love about the season, from breathtaking arrangements of fall flowers to autumn-inspired décor like colorful pumpkins and other gorgeous gourds! Get ready to let everyone on your block know you’re pumped for pumpkin spice […]
Adding a faux balcony, also called a “balconette” or “Juliet balcony,” is a great way to revive a tired-looking home and to add instant character and artistry to an otherwise boring facade. A seemingly small change, mounting a faux balcony has the same effect as an expensive home remodel, since the simple addition of a […]
When it comes to window box planting, there is a rule of thumb that many are aware of; it’s known as the “thriller, filler, and spiller” rule, which gives the window box a balanced, beautiful design. Cascading flowers for window boxes, the “spillers” of the triune, are called such because they “spill out” of the […]
New to Airbnb hosting? We’ll help you prepare your home for Airbnb with this list of tips on how to make your property a haven that your guests will remember. Some of the items on these lists are “must-haves,” while others fall under the “it would be nice to offer.” But one thing is for […]
Warm weather season is here, and that means outdoor entertaining with family and friends. But what if your outdoor space is not yet ready for backyard barbeques and summer night stargazing? No problem—our backyard decorating ideas will transform your patio into a serene oasis where your guests will look forward to gathering. And if you’re […]
Share this entry
Are you struggling to find a way to add more beauty to the exterior of your home? Window planters and landscaping can only do so much for your yard. The addition of wrought iron faux balconies could be the solution that you have been looking for.
Find out how to use faux balconies to boost the value and curb appeal of your home. Read more
Everyone has a few empty spaces in their home that are just calling out for their perfect finishing touch to bring polish to the room. Artificial and living arrangements displayed in lanterns and terrariums are unique solutions to the riddle of “What could go there?” Here are some ideas to get you inspired filling up those empty spaces with the beauty of plants growing or arranged in eye-catching containers:
- For the Walls. Everyone’s got them–those small spots on the walls that are noticeably empty but not large enough for a piece of art or a framed photo. Small wall-mounted terrariums and lanterns can fit into those spaces with ease, and there are many different types available. You can purchase terrarium kits with colorful flower seeds included like the Wall Cone Terrarium with Plants that give red, pink, white and purple flowers for no-fuss arranging. If you prefer silks to living plants, you can also choose something like the Valencia Hanging Wall Lantern and Hook Set and fill the globe with fake succulents, flowers or herbs instead of a candle.[/one_half][one_half_last]
- For Overhead Space. High ceilings make a room feel spacious and open, but they can pose some interior design challenges. In areas where furniture has a low profile, the wide open space can seem a little too empty. Installing a hanging lantern like the Antiqued Gold Gazebo Hanging Lantern filled with an arrangement of artificial flowers or faux greenery will beautifully fill the space without adding any extra maintenance to your home.[/one_half][one_half_last]
- For the Corner. Is that one corner in the living room’s emptiness painfully obvious? A freestanding terrarium can transform that spot into a stunning indoor garden. An elegant design like the 58″ Tall Freestanding Wardian Terrarium Case will bring sophistication to the decor of the room where you entertain guests, and as an added bonus, you can be sure it will become a conversation piece. Everyone will want to get up close and marvel at your lovely garden.
- For the Dining Table. Purchasing a fresh flower arrangement every time you invite guests over to dine can get expensive and be a hassle. Forgo the bouquets and perishable candle centerpieces and instead display a group of terrarium candles like our Hammered Hurricane Terrariums. Fill the bottoms with realistic artificial plants that complement your decor, and you’ll have a stunning centerpiece that will stand the test of time. You can even change out the plants to match the season or holiday or to complement the look of the dinnerware you’re using for every occasion.[/one_half]
- For Accent Tables & Shelves. You don’t want your home to look cluttered, but bare tables and shelves can be just too spartan. A terrarium filled with flowers, succulents or mosses can take up that empty space and transform it with living beauty. A small tabletop terrarium like our 8.5 inch Small Terrarium is a great choice for beginners, and this simple design will complement most styles of decor. [/one_half]
Not only are these lantern and terrarium ideas the perfect way to fill up those empty spots in your home, but they’re also great for Mom’s house. Check out the selection of lanterns and terrariums at Hooks & Lattice to find the perfect pieces to spruce up your decor and get your Mother’s Day shopping managed at the same time.
How do you like to arrange and decorate your terrariums? Share your wisdom in the comments below.
Shop our full collection of terrariums and other home and garden accents HERE.